The main goal of the group is to improve the overall quantity and quality of Vietnamese fish sauce whilst simultaneously increasing the product’s competitiveness within the international market.
At present, the sales and production volume of fish sauce among the association’s members accounts for approximately 70% of total sales and output of the entire Vietnamese fish sauce industry.
Dr. Tran Dang, the association’s chairman, said there are roughly 3,000 fish sauce manufacturers nationwide, with their total annual output reaching over 200 million litres.
Speaking at the congress of the association for the 2020-2025 term, Dr. Dang noted that the association will organise a number of seminars aimed at highlighting the current situation and seeking solutions for the future development of the industry. It is hoped that this will contribute to affirming the position of Vietnamese fish sauce among the global culinary landscape.
- Vietnam Fish Sauce Association set up
- Traditional fish sauce to have its own logo
- Work on Terminal T3 at TSN airport set to begin in Q2 next year
- 110 enterprises established the Vietnam Traditional Fish Sauce Association
- Nam O fish sauce making craft honored as national intangible cultural heritage
- Delicious fish noodle soup in Kien Giang
- Two fish sauce associations established on same day
- Strangely, the specialty sauce made from lobster and crab is famous for being famous in the West
- China remains largest importer of Vietnamese tra fish