The Quang Trung General Port will ensure the capacity of receiving ships up to 50,000 DWT and is expected to receive ships of 70,000 DWT in the near future.
The ground breaking ceremony of the project. (Photo: VNA)
On October 25, Quang Trung Co., Ltd kicked off the construction of the Quang Trung General Port at the Nghi Son Economic Zone. The project is among works to welcome the Thanh Hoa Party Congress for the 2020-2025 term.
The project has a total investment capital of VND450 billion, with 250 meters in length and items and related infrastructures. As designed, it can handle 1.5 million tons of cargo a year.
The project will be invested in 2 phases. In the first phase (2020-2021), it will be built to receive 50,000 DWT ships in and out, and items behind the berth, such as embankment protection, yard embankment, road and yard system, water supply and drainage system, and electricity distribution system.
The second phase, to be invested after 2021, will dredge the channel and water area in front of the wharf to a depth to ensure that ships with a tonnage up to 70,000 DWT can enter the berth to load and unload goods.
In his speech at the event, Deputy Chairman of the Thanh Hoa People’s Committee Nguyen Van Thi said that the Nghi Son port system is now making great contributions to the socio-economic development of the province.
Resolution 58 NQ/TW of the Politburo on construction and development of Thanh Hoa province to 2030, with a vision to 2045, also clearly states that Nghi Son port will be built into 1A port, one of the largest seaports in the country.
In the coming time, many international groups and businesses will invest in the Nghi Son Economic Zone, so the need of transporting goods through Nghi Son port is very large./.
- Long An Int’l Port capable to receive ships of up to 100,000 DWT
- Long An International Port to have more wharves
- Construction starts on East-West Highway in Ben Tre
- Work starts on construction of seaport complex in Ninh Thuan
- World largest container ship docks at Vietnam port
- Construction of wind power plant’s second phase begins in Bac Lieu
- Quang Ninh is looking for an investor for a residential project of more than VND 800 billion in Van Don
- Land for Long Thanh Airport project handed over in Dong Nai
- Da Nang calls for 2-billion-USD investment in 2021-2025