Vietnam shows great potential for organic agricultural produce exports
This information was unveiled at a seminar held recently in Ho Chi Minh City as part of efforts to devise plans to promote production activities and further market development for organic agricultural produce.
During the course of the event Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Tran Thanh Nam stated that organic agriculture represents a growing trend globally, adding that organic Vietnamese products have been exported to 180 countries around the world.
The world’s largest consumption markets are considered to be the United States, the EU, China, Japan, Germany, the UK, the Republic of Korea, Russia, and Singapore, according to a survey published this year by the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM) .
Furthermore, organic farm produce has also contributed to raising the industry’s export turnover to US$41.3 billion last year, with over US$30 billion recorded during the opening ten months of the year, even boosting turnover during the complicated nature of developments relating to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
Deputy Minister Nam therefore highlighted the great efforts put in by various localities in terms of building their brands for agricultural products among the world market, while underlining the need to strengthen co-operation among relevant stakeholders, including state agencies, businesses, and people in an effort to develop the organic agricultural sector in a stable and sustainable manner.
- Organic Agriculture Development Project for 2020-2030 adopted
- Son La province expands organic farming
- Work starts on high-tech agricultural complex in Dak Lak
- Hanoi Agriculture Fair to boost sales of Vietnamese products in AEON network
- Gia Lai to develop 100-ha hi-tech agricultural zone
- Quality needed to boost agricultural, aquatic exports
- Seminar highlights development of value chain for agricultural exports
- Agriculture needs more investment in processing industry
- Seminar looks to expand farm produce market in North America, ASEAN