PNE AG will conduct a year-long study for a US$1.5-billion wind power plant in the districts of Phu Cat and Phu My in Binh Dinh, VNExpress reported.
Last month, representatives of PNE took part in a working session alongside leaders of the Binh Dinh province People’s Committee to develop a US$1.5 billion wind power project in the locality, VOV reported.
Tran Minh, senior manager of the Offshore Wind Power project at PNE AG, said the group was keen to gain insights into various policies in order to encourage wind power energy development in the province, in addition to procedures that would eventually see the project gain approval.
Nguyen Phi Long, Vice Chairman of the Binh Dinh provincial People’s Committee, emphasized that the local government was striving to create the perfect conditions in which the PNE group could invest in the local wind power energy sector.
Marko Walde, head of the working group of the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Vietnam, said that the implementation of the wind power park project in Binh Dinh is expected to transform the country into a competitive wind power supplier in both the region and across the globe.
PNE is a leading multinational corporation that has 20 years of experience in developing onshore and offshore wind power projects. The group has expanded into South America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, including offshore wind power park projects located in Vietnam.
The first offshore wind power plant, the 99MW Bac Lieu Wind Power Project in the southern province of the same name, went on stream in 2016.
Domestically, wind power and solar power projects are still being considered as alternative solutions for the overexploitation of hydroelectricity, which has caused a range of serious consequences for the environment.
At present, Vietnam is home to approximately 30 wind power projects which are either in operation or under construction.
- US$10 billion offshore wind power project to be developed central Vietnam
- Large-scale wind power project planned in Binh Thuan
- Pacifico Energy Vietnam keen to invest in renewable energy projects in Quang Tri
- Site investigation contracts signed for 3.5 GW offshore wind power plant
- B&T wind power farm cluster inaugurated in Quang Binh
- Construction of wind power plant’s second phase begins in Bac Lieu
- Geological survey, study contracts signed for La Gan offshore wind power project
- GE joins hands with BIM Wind to develop huge wind power project in Ninh Thuan
- Vietnamese firms to provide foundations, harbor services for La Gan wind power project