Authorities in Dong Nai Province hand over more than 1,800 hectares of cleared land for the first phase of the Long Thanh International Airport project on October 20.
The land, which is a part of the total of 5,000 hectares for the construction of the project, was transferred to the Southern Airports Authority at a ceremony held on October 20.
Speaking at the ceremony, Chairman of Dong Nai Provincial People’s Committee Cao Tien Dung said that Long Thanh District has paid VND1.3 trillion in compensation for 611 households and individuals.
“The following payments will be done this month,” he said. “We will inspect the remaining 3,200 hectares of land and set the compensation price in the remaining months of the year to hand it over in the second quarter of 2021.”
Attending the ceremony, Deputy Minister of Transport, Le Anh Tuan praised efforts by Dong Nai authorities in the site clearance work.
According to Dong Nai chairman the Long Thanh International Airport will be Vietnam’s biggest airport when the three construction phases are completed by 2050.
“The airport is designed to handle up to 100 million passengers and five million tonnes of cargo per year once with an estimated capital of VND336.6 trillion,” he said. “It is expected to be put into operation from 2025 to serve 25 million passengers and 1.2 tonnes of cargo per year.”
- Dong Nai is about to hand over the premises of the priority area to build Long Thanh airport
- Cleared land must be handed over to Long Thanh airport project in Q1
- Ground handover for Phase 1 of Long Thanh Airport to take place on October 20
- Dong Nai basically completes ground clearance for first phase of Long Thanh airport
- Dong Nai hands over 2600 hectares for Long Thanh airport construction
- Transport minister urges faster land clearance for Long Thanh airport
- Security team for construction project of Long Thanh Airport established
- HCMC airport expansion project to get 4.5 hectares of military land
- VND200 trillion needed to develop seaports by 2030
- HCMC hands over 34 hectares of land to Beltway No. 3 project