Various kinds of handicraft products are being introduced and put on sale at the Hanoi Gift Show 2020 which is being held at the National Architectural Planning and Construction Exhibition from October 15 to 18.
Hanoi Gift Show is a place for artisans to promote their works and boost economic activities, especially for exports. After eight years, the show has given support to 1,950 facilities in Hanoi and 40 other cities and provinces in Vietnam. It has attracted 5,200 exporters and visitors alike from 45 countries and over 600 contracts and agreements that worth over USD50m have been signed.
“I’m from Dao ethnic group in Lao Cai Province,” said a trader at the show. “I want to introduce the works of Sapa and of Dao people to other people.”
Nguyen Thanh Ha, deputy director of Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade, said this is the biggest annual event for the handicraft industry and to celebrate this year 1010th anniversary of Hanoi and the 66th anniversary of Hanoi Liberation and Hanoi 17th Party Congress.
Trader Nguyen Ngoc Son said even though the number of visitors dropped due to Covid-19, they still received lots of domestic visitors. “The most popular products are under VND5m,” he said.
Some photos of the show:
Hanoi Gift Show 2020
- Hanoi Gift Show 2020 expected to boost handicraft sales
- Hanoi Gift Show 2020 to feature 400 pavilions
- Hanoi Gift Show 2020 expected to attract over 10,000 local and foreign visitors
- Hanoi Gift Show 2020 to get underway on October 15
- Up to 400 pavilions featured at Hanoi Gift Show 2020
- Hanoi Gift Show 2020 to have 400 display booths
- Hanoi Gift Show 2020 to open in October
- 90 Hanoi handicrafts win product design contest 2020