Covering an area of 65.2ha, it was invested by the Ninh Thuan Energy Industry, a subsidiary of the T&T Group, at a cost of more than VND1 trillion (USD43 million).
Construction began in March and was completed 15 days ahead of schedule despite the impact of COVID-19, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Ninh Thuan Energy Industry Pham Cong Doan said.
The plant was connected to the national grid on June 10th and will generate an estimated 75 million kWh per year.
Vice Chairman of the Ninh Thuan provincial People’s Committee Pham Van Hau said the inauguration of the plant marks a significant milestone for the province, as it will contribute to local social-economic development and help ensure national energy security.
The T&T Group is carrying out a number of other projects in clean energy, including a USD6 billion-LNG project in southern Ba Ria – Vung Tau province, another worth USD4.4 billion in central Quang Tri province, and a waste-to-energy plant in Hanoi./.
- 43mn USD solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Phuoc Ninh solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- US$46.6 million solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Phuoc Ninh solar farm completed and connected to grid
- 35Mwp solar power farm opens in Ninh Thuan
- Southeast Asia’s largest renewable energy complex inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Sharp Corp. to launch solar power plant in Vietnam soon
- GE joins hands with BIM Wind to develop huge wind power project in Ninh Thuan
- Ninh Thuan working to establish itself as national renewable energy centre