The Government assigned the Ministry of Home Affairs to collect ideas of members of the organ, finalize draft Resolution; and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice to report the National Assembly (NA) and the NA Standing Committee to consider and decide on adding the draft Resolution to the program of building Law and Ordinance of 2020.
According to the draft Resolution, Ho Chi Minh City is an important cultural, political and social center with contribution to overall development of the country, with the characteristics of a large city, with a long history, with urgent requirements in the construction of urban government.
Recently, the NA has adopted 2 pilot Resolutions on urban government in Da Nang and Hanoi. This is a significant premise for Ho Chi Minh City to propose the NA allow the organization of urban government in the southern hub.
The Resolution, after being issued, is expected to have positive impact on socio-economic development of the city; improve the autonomy and self-responsibility of the urban government apparatus; and improve the quality and efficiency in public service delivery, in line with the characteristics of a special urban area which is the largest in the country./.
- Ministry of Finance submits draft decree on registration fee for cars to the Government
- Legislature adopts resolution on reducing corporate income tax
- Vietnam unlikely to reach target of 1 million firms by 2020
- Private sector may not reach targets, says MPI report
- Vietnamese legislature ratifies 30% corporate income tax cut in 2020 for SMEs
- Gov’t announces 17 sustainable development goals by 2030
- UN Security Council adopts Vietnamese resolution