Talking to Customs News, Le Dung, Manager of Cau Treo Customs Branch, said that due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, imported and exported goods and means of transport through the Cau Treo International Border Gate decreased by nearly 40% over the same period last year.
From the beginning of the year up to now, the total import-export turnover through the province reached $153.19 million, up 2.13% from the same period last year and the unit also collected VND 90.75 billion VND to pay into the State budget, up 1.27% over the same period last year. Besides that, the unit worked to complete customs procedures nearly 60,000 times on means of transports on exit and entry through Cau Treo international border gate.
“In order to achieve these encouraging results, in addition to the State’s favourable policies in recent years, enterprises are the main factor driving the growth rate of turnover and State revenue collection,” Le Dung stressed.
To promptly support and remove difficulties and problems for businesses in the import and export activities during and after the Covid-19 pandemic, to recover and develop production and business, Cau Trep Customs Branch has strengthened the reform of customs administrative procedures, creating a transparent and favourable business environment for the business community. Quickly grasping and handling arising problems to limit damage and reduce time and costs for the enterprises.
To concretise those positive solutions, on October 1, the unit held a dialogue with 25 enterprises running import and export activities in the area. At the dialogue, Cau Treo Customs exchanged information so that businesses can grasp many newly issued legal documents directly related to import and export activities.
Le Dung said that at the conference, the unit also suggested businesses be more proactive in grapsing information and studying legal documents to come up with suitable plans in their business, avoiding damage due to policy changes.
Enterprises appreciated the companionship of the Customs authorities in general and Cau Treo Customs in particular in supporting, guiding and solving many problems of enterprises in recent years. The enterprises are committed to working with Cau Treo Customs to strive to complete the assigned tasks in 2020.
By Nụ Bùi/Thanh Thuy
- Huu Nghi Customs: Positive signs from cargo clearance activities
- Lang Son Customs pilots e-seal positioning to supervise import and export goods
- Many factors cause reduction of revenue collection at Dong Nai Customs Department
- Risk in management of petrol when go through customs supervision
- Hai Phong Customs suffers revenue loss of nearly VND 11,000
- Binh Phuoc Customs: Deploying activities to support enterprise to recover after pandemic
- Lang Son: Import and export still face difficulties
- Bac Ninh Customs sees revenue collection decrease 4.9%
- Farm produce exports via Lao Cai border gate skyrocket
- Regulate quickly the volume of goods transporting to Tan Thanh border gate