Vietnam’s Ministry of Transport (MoT) is consulting with authorities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City before issuing licenses for airlines operating regular commercial flights internationally.
Based on suggestions from cities and provinces, the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV) would permit airlines to resume flight routes to six major markets, including South Korea, China, Japan, Taiwan (China), Laos and Cambodia.
Specifically, flag carrier Vietnam Airlines would operate the Guangzhou (China) – Ho Chi Minh City route every Friday, while both Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet Air are expected to operate two flights per week to Japan, Seoul – Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City with two flights per week and Taipei – Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City with two flights per week.
Vietnam Airlines would also fly to Cambodia and Laos with a frequency of one trip per week.
Under the draft plan, there would be four international flights landing on Hanoi on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, bringing in a total of 1,304 passengers and five to Ho Chi Minh City on Tuesday (two flights), Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with 1,290 passengers, all to be operated by Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet Air.
On September 11, the CAAV notified authorities of China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan (China) regarding the reopening of flights between Vietnam and each partner. So far, only South Korea has submitted the detail flight plan to its Vietnamese peer.
Korean Air would operate flights from Incheon to/from Ho Chi Minh City on October 9 while Asiana Airlines would fly from Incheon to/from Hanoi on October 7 and 21, and to/from Ho Chi Minh City from October 1 and 15.
Meanwhile, China Southern Airlines has been designated to operate flights from Guangzhou to Ho Chi Minh City with once flight per week.
Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways are set to conduct flights from Tokyo to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City with one trip per week for each destination.
China Airlines and Eva Air of Taiwan (China) would carry out flights from Taipei to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City once per week.
- Vietnam to soon resume flights to China, Cambodia, Laos and Taiwan
- Certain international air routes may reopen on September 15
- Vietnam Airlines to reopen international air routes starting from July 1
- Vietnam Airlines to operate flights to Japan next week
- Vietnam to reconnect international flights soon September
- Vietnam prepares plans for resuming commercial flights to 6 Asian destinations
- Ministry proposes reopening international flights in August
- Vietnam plans to reopen air routes to 6 int’l destinations in mid-September
- Vietnam to resume international flights from August