They proposed Wednesday to Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc to invest in Cai Mep Ha Logistics Center to oversee large container ships at the Cai Mep port complex, which in recent years has been one of the fastest-growing ports in the world.
The state-owned Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO) has committed to financing 10 percent of the project, and the Belgian Corporation for International Investment has planned to play a role in the investment.
Ba Ria–Vung Tau authorities in July approved the 1/2000 project planning scheme that covers 1,763 ha. Construction is planned between 2021 and 2040.
Vietnamese real estate developer Geleximco and logistics firm International Transportation and Trading Jsc (ITC Corp) last year had also proposed to invest in this project.
- Vietnam facilitates investment of EU firms: PM
- European enterprises seek to build $1bln logistics center in Southern region
- Vietnam always creates favorable conditions for foreign investors: PM
- Planning more than 1,760 ha for logistics center Cai Mep Ha
- Australian firm to invest $350 mln in Vietnam logistics real estate
- Ba Ria – Vung Tau to develop modern seaports, logistics services
- Southern Song Hau proposed to invest in a bonded petroleum warehouse of 2000 billion VND in Van Phong EZ
- Central city calls for $2 billion investment in 2021-25
- Da Nang calls for 2-billion-USD investment in 2021-2025