Dong Giao Foodstuff Export JSC announces on September 16 the export of its first batch of 100 tonnes of passionfruit to the EU. (Photo: VNA)
Speaking at the announcement ceremony, Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Le Quoc Doanh lauded the company’s efforts and hoped it will continue growing sustainably, gaining a foothold in international markets and helping consolidate the profile of Vietnamese farm produce worldwide.
He asked Vietnamese firms, including Doveco, to make use of the EVFTA to upgrade technology, diversify products, and ensure product quality and origin tracing.
Doanh stressed that localities, particularly Gia Lai, should continue facilitating fruit and vegetable processing companies to invest in expanding facilities, form links, and build material areas, while organising public awareness campaigns on food safety and EU standards.
Monitoring work to ensure local farm produce is in accordance with regulations is also necessary, he noted.
Doveco has exported agricultural products to over 60 countries and territories worldwide, with passionfruit accounting for half of its total export value.
The export quantity and value of Vietnam’s passionfruit have increased over 300 percent in the last five years, making it one of the top ten exporters of the fruit in the world./.
CPV (Source: VNA)
- Vietnam exports first batch of passion fruit to Europe
- Gia Lai exports first batch of coffee to EU under EVFTA
- EVFTA smooths the way for Vietnamese farm produce
- EC announces import quotas for farm produce from Việt Nam under EVFTA
- Vietnam hopes to export 100,000 tonnes of rice to EU
- EU announces quotas for Vietnamese farm produce
- Vietnamese agri-products prepared for export after EVFTA
- Vietnam’s farm produce to be exported to EU, enjoying tax incentives
- Companies urged to build farm produce brands: Workshop