The report is based on the results of synthesis, inspection and evaluation of the Ministry of Information and Communications from a report on information technology application and e-Government development of ministries, sectors and localities.
The assessment is performed in six categories, including information technology technical infrastructure; applying information technology in the operations of the agency; website/portal; providing online public services; mechanisms, policies and regulations for application of information technology; and human resources for information technology application.
Each category is checked and scored, before total score of the categories is used to give the overall rating of the agency.
Evaluation results are published for each category for three groups of bodies, namely, the group of ministries, ministerial-level agencies (ministry group), group of government agencies and group of provinces and cities directly under the central Government.
According to the results, in terms of the ranking of the overall index of information technology application levels of ministries and ministerial-level agencies in 2019, the Ministry of Finance led with an index of 0.9291. Next in the top five are the Ministry of Industry and Trade (0.8914), Ministry of Information and Communications (0.8642), Ministry of Health (0.8639) and the State Bank of Vietnam (0.8598).
Besides that, the Ministry of Finance was also in the top ranking components indexes of ministries and ministerial-level agencies, such as: first-ranked in page/portal index; first-ranked index of online public service provision; first-ranked in human resource index for information technology application; fourth-ranked in the information technology infrastructure index; fifth-ranked in the index of applying information technology in the operation of the agency; and fourth-ranked in the indexes on mechanisms, policies and regulations for application of information technology.
By Hồng Vân/Thanh Thuy
- Ministry of Finance ranks first in Vietnam ICT Index for seven consecutive years
- More than 26,000 units using online public services at State Treasury of provinces and cities
- What has the Ministry of Finance done to consistently lead the ICT Index?
- Promote the IT application in managing State reserves
- The first “Make in Vietnam digital technology product” awards launched
- Strengthening inspection at tax offices amid complicated developments of COVID-19 outbreak
- Information technology system meets merging of regional tax branches
- Vietnam moves for greater budget transparency
- National Public Service Portal officially launched: The essential milestone