Two tourist boats have been fined VND8 million (USD347.82) for throwing votive papers into the Huong River in the central province of Thua Thien Hue.
The case was found when the boats were filmed by a local resident. The clip then went viral on Facebook.
The two tourist boats have been fined VND8 million (USD347.82) for throwing votive papers into the Huong River.
After that, local authorities launched an investigation into the case and identified the boat owners.
Nguyen Xuan Son, Director of the provincial Department of Information and Communications, said that at the police station, boat owners admitted to littering.
Earlier, a man in Hue City was also fined for throwing votive papers into the Huong River.
- Boat crew fined for dumping waste into Ha Long Bay
- Saigon boat owners stay afloat with river tours
- Illegal speed boat service rampant in Van Don
- Pop singer fined for spreading false news on Covid-19
- Truck driver fined US$173.2 for not giving way to police vehicle
- Fishermen in Binh Dinh fined for illegal fishing
- Pop singer fined for using unkind words
- Ha Long tour boat owners halt business due to Covid-19
- Coffee, internet shops fined for ignoring social distancing order