According to Hai Phong Tax Department, there were 14 enterprises in Hai Phong involved in the case of printing invoices of Ngo Van Phat. There were 13 enterprises that no longer operate at the registered business address or terminated operation but have not competed procedures to terminate tax codes. Only one enterprise that still operates is Phat Petroleum Co., Ltd. Currently, this enterprise does not have tax debt.
Implementing coordination between Hai Phong City Police and Hai Phong Tax Department, the Tax Department also provides information and documents like certificate of business registration, application for printing and issuance of invoices, dossiers of value-added tax declaration during operation and papers related to the above 14 enterprises for the police agency to conduct an investigation.
Hai Phong Tax Department said police are continuing to investigate and the unit will coordinate closely on the case.
Previously, on September 9, many media agencies reported Hai Phong City police had arrested Ngo Van Phat – a petrol tycoon and a series of people involved in the case of illegal sale of VAT invoices. The identities of the six individuals include Nguyen Thi Loan, Vu Van Bay, Tran Thi Hang, Nguyen Thi Thuy, Mai Thi Nhai and Luong Van Giao. All subjects have permanent residence in Quang Ninh or Thai Binh.
Through the investigation, Thuy Nguyen district police identified that Ngo Van Phat (was born in 1964, residing at 60 Tran Quang Khai, Hong Bang district, Hai Phong, residence is No.9 Le Hong Phong, district Hai An, Hai Phong) led a group of subjects to set up many “ghost” companies to illegally purchase and sell value-added invoices in large quantities.
The Investigation Police Agency, Thuy Nguyen district Police issued a decision to prosecute the case of “illegal sale and purchase of invoices” under Article 203 of the Criminal Code 2015.
By Thùy Linh/Thanh Thuy
- 88% of enterprises in Ha Noi use e-invoice
- Hanoi Tax Department: Set a goal to complete the application of electronic invoices in 2019
- Three men jailed for ivory smuggling
- Hanoi: 27 units eligible to provide e-invoices to enterprises
- Ha Noi Tax Department to apply e-invoice before September 30
- Hanoi taxman expects all local enterprises to use e-invoices this September
- Hai Phong Customs Department: An effective way to develop Customs-Business partnerships
- E-invoice: Synchronize data between businesses and tax authorities
- Procedures for handling tax debt for insolvent taxpayers