In which, regarding the newly registered capital, there were 1,797 new projects granted investment certificates (down 25.3% over the same period), the total registered capital reached 9.73 billion USD (up 6.6% over the same period last year. 2019).
The Foreign Investment Department said that the increase in investment capital was mainly due to the Bac Lieu LNG Power Plant project, which was granted a new Investment Certificate with a total investment of 4 billion USD (accounting for 41.1% of the new registered capital).
In terms of adjusted capital, there were 718 times of projects registered to adjust investment capital (down 20.9% over the same period), the total additional registered capital reached over 4.87 billion USD (up 22.2% compared to the same period).
Adjusted capital in 8 months increased due to the Southern Vietnam petrochemical complex project in Ba Ria – Vung Tau (Thailand), adjusted to increase investment capital by 1,386 billion USD and the project of urban center of West Lake West (South Korea) adjusted to increase investment capital by 774 million USD.
Regarding capital contribution and share purchase, there were 4,804 turns of foreign investors’ teachers (down 8.2% compared to the same period), the total value of the capital contribution was 4.93 billion USD (equal to 51.8% over the same period). The structure of the value of capital contribution and share purchase in the total investment capital also decreased significantly over the same period in 2019 (from nearly 42% in the eight months of 2019 to 25.2% in the eight months of 2020).
According to the report, accumulated to August 20, 2020, the whole country has 32,539 valid projects with a total registered capital of 381.2 billion USD. The accumulated realized capital of foreign direct investment projects was estimated at 223.1 billion USD, equaling 58.5% of total valid registered investment capital.
The report said that as of August 20, 2020, foreign direct investment projects were estimated to disburse 11.45 billion USD, equaling 95.7% over the same period in 2019.
Source: vietnamfinance.vn – Translated by fintel.vn
- Foreign investment capital thrives in June
- Vietnamese overseas investment increases 6.9 percent
- Eight-month FDI attraction in Vietnam reached US$19.54 billion
- Vietnam attracts US$15.67 billion in FDI in six months
- Ten-month FDI attraction of Vietnam reaches over US$23 billion
- FDI capital reaches US$28.5 billion, down 25 percent
- Vietnam attracts US$26.4 billion in FDI by November 20
- Australia represents attractive investment market for Vietnamese enterprises
- Vinh Phuc Attracts 21 Projects in Jan - Sep
- Singapore emerges as largest foreign investor over nine-month period