NDO – The People’s Committee of Son La province held a conference in Song Ma district on July 25 to promote the consumption and export of the Son La longan. After the conference, a batch of nearly 30 tonnes of Son La longan was shipped to China via official channels.
“Through the conference, Son La continues to promote and introduce longan products to both domestic and foreign customers and affirms that the Son La and Song Ma longan has met the rigorous requirements for export as well as consumption in the domestic market”, said Vice Chairman of Son La Provincial People’s Committee Lo Minh Hung.
Song Ma boasts the largest longan farming area in Son La province with over 7,500ha and an estimated volume of over 30,000 tonnes.
About 2,400ha of longan farming area was granted with 92 farming area codes including 34 farming area codes to serve the export of longan to the US and Australia and 58 farming area codes to serve the export of the fruit to China.
Since the first longan crop, Song Ma district has shipped 80 tonnes of longan to the Chinese market.
The entire province expects to have 75,000 tonnes of longan in this crop including 8,500 tonnes shipped to the Chinese, US and Australian markets.
Despite the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the province’s agricultural production in the first six months of 2020 expanded by 2% over the same period last year. The export revenue of mango and longan is estimated to reach US$52 million in the period.
- Son La boosts consumption of longan
- Hai Duong longan set for export to Australia
- Son La exports longan to EU and UK markets
- Finding ways to consume fresh longan
- Batch of Vietnamese longan to be shipped to Australia
- Vietnam cuts deal to export fresh longan to Japan
- Vietnam brings Hung Yen longan to international markets
- Fresh Vietnamese longan to land in Japan this week
- Japan welcomes Vietnamese longan despite its high retail pricing.