HCMC – Cracking the whip against delayed projects, HCMC canceled 169 out of 357 long-delayed housing projects.
At the eighth session of the 10th-tenure HCMC People’s Council, Nguyen Toan Thang, director of the Natural Resources and Environment Department, said that the department had joined hands with other departments to review 401 housing projects in the city, 87 of which are eligible to be licensed.
As for handling projects far behind schedule from 2016 to 2022, the council has come up with 13 resolutions permitting 1,532 projects for land use change and acquisition.
Until now, 451 projects were completed, and 718 are being implemented. Of these implementing projects, there are 357 projects behind schedule, 169 of which have been canceled and the rest are being considered.
Thang affirmed that the relevant agencies would drastically handle the projects lagging behind schedule without an acceptable reason.
- HCMC wants 17 public-invested projects suspended
- Gov’t permanent members discuss handling of loss-making projects
- Bureaucratic hurdles continue to block housing projects
- HCMC new housing supply continues to fall
- 6 housing projects in HCM City to get 2% interest rate subsidy on loans
- Cultural, sports construction projects seek city’s approval
- Foreigners allowed to buy houses in 17 real estate projects in Da Nang
- Ba Ria-Vung Tau to have 8,300 more social homes in 2025
- Dong Nai spends more than 140 hectares of land for 54 energy projects