Hanoi will create good conditions for all projects and activities under the capital city’s partnerships and agreements with Gold Coast, a coastal city in Queensland, Australia, said municipal People's Committee Chairman Tran Sy Thanh.
Hanoi will further improve its partnerships with cities and regions of Australia, including the Gold Coast, Thanh told a meeting with mayor Tom Tate in Hanoi on December 6.
Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Tran Sy Thanh (right) at the meeting with Tom Tate, mayor of Australia's Gold Coast City, on December 6. Photo: The Hanoi Times
“Hanoi eyes to become a worth-living city and expand the friendship with all cities in the world,” he said.
Mayor Tom Tate said his city expects to tighten its bond with Hanoi, focusing on sustainable development activities, focusing on tourism, education, people exchange, environmental protection, technology development, and waste treatment.
There is a lot of potential for the two cities to strengthen their relationship in cultural activities, which may boost the confidence of the people and facilitate further cooperation, he said.
He hoped that the relationship between Gold Coast and Vietnamese cities, including Hanoi and Danang, would drive the partnership between Australia and Vietnam to the next level.
Regarding the activities that Gold Coast is interested in, chairman Thanh said that these are also major concerns for the authorities and people of Hanoi, especially education and waste treatment.
"With high-quality manpower and strong market demand, Hanoi has developed a hi-tech business community with the potential to partner with international enterprises in the said fields," Thanh said.
Thanh also suggested that Australian authorities ease travel restrictions for Vietnamese people, thus boosting bilateral trade and investment.
- Gold Coast BMX Freestyle Festival Announced as The First World Cup Qualifier for Paris 2024 Olympics
- Hanoi mayor suspended from duties for involving in criminal cases
- Three Vietnam companies keen on financing zoning plan for Red river: Hanoi mayor
- Hanoi strengthens law compliance to improve business environment: Mayor
- Hanoi pledges to support JICA projects despite global heath crisis
- HCM City, RoK’s Daegu look to bolster cooperation
- Vietnam’s first gold-plated hotel opens in Hanoi
- US looks to further boost comprehensive partnership with Hanoi: Ambassador
- Hanoi supports Heineken Vietnam’s business strategy