HCMC – The Central Highlands province of Daklak has written to the Government proposing that the Buon Ma Thuot airport be developed into an international one as early as possible.
Funding for the project would be mobilized from the private sector, according to the provincial government’s proposal.
If approved, the province will map out a detailed plan and send it to the Ministry of Transport for consideration, the local media reported.
The Buon Ma Thuot airport has a passenger terminal with an annual capacity of two million passengers. In 2019, the airport served over one million passengers. The number of passengers passing through the airport is expected to reach 1.4 million in 2022.
A recent study showed that the airport could annually receive some five million passengers by 2030 and the figure could touch seven million passengers by 2050. As such, it is necessary to upgrade the infrastructure at the Buon Ma Thuot airport to meet the travel demands of residents and international tourists.
- Noi Bai airport may have capacity double to 63 million passengers by 2030
- Noi Bai airport planned to welcome 63 million passengers per year
- Vietnam plans further expansion to Hanoi’s Noi Bai Airport
- Vietnam Airlines to launch online check-in service at Buon Ma Thuot airport
- Con Dao airport to serve two million passengers annually after upgrade
- Third passenger terminal proposed for Danang airport
- Air service on HCMC-Buon Ma Thuot route suspended starting today
- Con Dao Airport to be upgraded to serve two million passengers per year
- Binh Dinh seeks to develop international airport