HCMC – Sembcorp Industries is set to break ground for the construction of Sembcorp Logistics Park in Quang Ngai Province, the first modern ready-built warehouse in central Vietnam, on December 2.
Located at the Vietnam Singapore Industrial Park in Quang Ngai Province (VSIP Quang Ngai), Sembcorp Logistics Park will provide modern warehousing spaces, enabling operational efficiency and supply chain resiliency to businesses.
The project, which will feature three blocks of modern single-storey warehouses, with a total land area of six hectares and a gross floor area of 35,500 square meters, is expected to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2023.
At the park, companies can save long-term operating costs, consume less energy, reduce carbon footprints, create favorable working environments and help alleviate environmental concerns of neighboring communities.
“Sembcorp has established our modern, ready-built warehousing business with a growing presence across Vietnam, providing ‘just-in-time’ and ‘just-in-case’ solutions to third-party logistics companies and high-value manufacturers who are proactively building resilience into their supply chains,” said Charles Chong, country head of Sembcorp Development in Vietnam.
Sembcorp has developed logistics parks in Haiphong City, with rooftop solar panels providing 2.7 MWp of green power to customers. In 2021, Sembcorp Logistics Park Hai Duong was the first warehousing project in Vietnam to register for a Lotus green certificate – a green building rating system developed by the Vietnam Green Building Council.
Sembcorp marks its expansion in central Vietnam with new logistics parks in Quang Ngai and Nghe An, making it the pioneer in modern warehousing businesses in the region.
- Sembcorp Industries pioneers in ready-built warehouses in central Vietnam
- VSIP Group gets green light to develop industrial park in Can Tho
- Sembcorp Industries inks four agreements during Vietnam President’s visit to Singapore
- SLP commences construction of its third project in Vietnam
- SEMBCORP LAUNCHES NEW CARBON MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS CORPORATE VENTURE, GONETZERO™
- Construction on Boustead Industrial Park phase 2A in Đồng Nai begins
- Investors cut deals to develop ready-built factories, logistics infrastructure
- Southern industrial park occupancy rate reaches 84.5%: CBRE
- Singapore tops list of investors in Vietnam