The Danish Embassy in Vietnam said the signing ceremony took place within the framework of the Vietnam Energy Summit 2020 which was held in Hanoi.
As the world’s leading investor and developer of offshore wind power projects, CIP has mobilised over 10 billion USD from investment funds worldwide for the project.
The involved partners will also work closely with Binh Thuan authorities, ministries, and agencies to outline a detailed investment plan after the project is added to Vietnam’s master plan on power development.
Danish Ambassador to Vietnam Kim Højlund Christensen said that via a cooperation project between the Danish Energy Agency and the Vietnam Electricity and Renewable Energy Authority, Vietnam was found to hold 160GW of offshore wind power capacity, putting the country among the most-promising markets in the field.
He suggested it learn from the experience of other countries to tap into the benefits brought about by wind power./.VNA
- US$10 billion offshore wind power project to be developed central Vietnam
- MoU signed to develop a 3.5GW offshore wind project
- Danish firm eyes $10-billion offshore wind project in Binh Thuan
- Site investigation contracts signed for 3.5 GW offshore wind power plant
- $10-billion offshore wind project signs major site investigation contracts
- UK firm plans to operate mega wind power project by 2025
- Vietnam announces wind power projects for master energy development planning
- 35Mwp solar power farm opens in Ninh Thuan
- Pacifico Energy Vietnam keen to invest in renewable energy projects in Quang Tri
- Large-scale injection of Covid-19 vaccine expected to aid tourism