Lotus ponds in Hanoi are attracting a large number of visitors who come to take photos, giving owners an opportunity to make big money.
June is the best time for lotus flowers to bloom, so many people rush to lotus ponds in Tay Ho District to capture the nice moments.
The average ticket to visit a lotus pond in Tay Ho District is around VND50,000 (USD2.17); while the fees to hire clothes range from VND100,000 to VND250,000 (USD4.34-10.86) per set, depending on different kinds.
The make-up fees are around VND200,000-300,000 per person. It costs VND20,000 to rent a boat to travel in the pond. Visitors can hire photographers for between VND400,000 and VND1 million.
According to a staff from a lotus pond, the place lures around 300-400 visitors per day and the figure could reach nearly 1,000 at weekends.
Lots of people take photos by themselves for saving costs
Nguyen Minh Phong, a photographer, said that he has lots of orders every day during the lotus season. His service fees are between VND400,000 and VND1.6 million per person.
The clothes for visitors to hire are varied including ao dai and older four-panel dresses.
Ngoc Anh from Thuy Loi University in Hanoi said that he takes advantage of free time to work as a photographer at a lotus pond.
A bunch of 10 lotuses is sold at VND100,000 at the pond, doubling the market price.
- Beautiful lotus ponds in Ninh Binh become hot summer check-in spot
- The graceful lotus flowers linger in Hanoi late summer
- Sampling lotus cuisine of northern Vietnam
- Dreaming beauty of lotus in Ninh Binh
- Hanoi man preserves lotus tea making
- Outer beauty, inner peace: lotus stragglers bid adieu to summer in Hanoi
- Outer beauty, inner peace: lotus stragglers bid adieu to summer