HCMC – An Uzbekistan Airways charter flight transporting 158 passengers from Uzbekistan yesterday landed at the Phu Quoc International Airport in Phu Quoc Island City off the Mekong Delta province of Kien Giang.
According to Nguyen Minh Dong, director of the airport, representatives of the local authorities came to the airport to greet the Uzbek visitors and present souvenirs to them.
The tourists will have a 10-day stay on the island, the local media reported.
Dong added that each week would see one direct flight departing from this Central Asian country to Phu Quoc, and the flight frequency would be increased later.
In the year to date, Phu Quoc has served 528 international flights. Domestic and international tourist arrivals in the island have reached over 1.7 million, meeting over 87% of the island city’s full-year target.
- Why Vietnam’s Phu Quoc Island sees boom in tourism
- Vietnam’s Phu Quoc Island to welcome 250 South Koreans in November
- Int’l air routes connecting Phu Quoc expected to be opened
- Kien Giang proposes suspending passenger flights between HCMC and Phu Quoc
- Local tourists flock to Phu Quoc, air carriers offer more flights
- Air services on HCMC-Phu Quoc route suspended
- Vietnam Airlines exploits additional nine routes to Phu Quoc
- 20 international airlines look to Phu Quoc market
- Phu Quoc island city ready for new opportunities