CAN THO – Can Tho City is calling for support from the Ministry of Science and Technology in seeking investment for the second phase of the Korea-Vietnam Incubator Park project.
The director of the Can Tho Department of Science and Technology, Ngo Anh Tin, proposed continuing to tap foreign official development assistance (ODA) loans for the project. He was speaking at the signing ceremony on October 18 to strengthen collaboration between the ministry and Can Tho in science-technology and innovation.
He said ODA would help to synchronize the equipment and machinery in two phases of the project as they already used ODA loans from Korea for the first phase.
Additionally, the department would strive to work with Korean organizations and partners to gain more capital to implement the project.
Around 2.5 hectares of land in the city is currently available for the second phase of the Korea-Vietnam Incubator Park project, according to the Can Tho Department of Science and Technology.
The first phase of the project was carried out at the end of November 2013 at Tra Noc 2 Industrial Park in O Mon District, Can Tho.
It required a total of over US$21 million, of which the ODA loans from Korea were US$17.7 million and the fund from the city’s budget was over US$3.4 million.
- Young entrepreneurs startup incubator launched in HCMC
- Thua Thien Hue calls for investment in a residential and commercial project of over VND 4,600 billion
- AI-driven innovation contest launched in HCM City
- Vietnam struggles to have 5,000 science and tech firms this year
- HCMC works with Israel on startup development
- Binh Dinh wants to call for investment in a $ 250 million car factory from foreign capital
- Land for Long Thanh Airport project handed over in Dong Nai
- Ground handover for Phase 1 of Long Thanh Airport to take place on October 20
- Cat Trinh Industrial Park 368 ha officially went to Bamboo Capital
- ADB wants to develop smart city project in Can Tho