HCMC – The Management Center of Public Transport sought approval from the HCMC Transport Department to open two more bus routes in the Tan Son Nhat International Airport area to deal with traffic congestion.
The two bus routes will transport passengers from the airport to neighboring areas such as Gia Dinh Park in Go Vap District, Hoang Van Thu Park in Tan Binh District and Tan Phu Bus Station in Tan Phu District.
The first route is 8.9 kilometers long, connecting the airport and Hoang Van Thu and Gia Dinh parks.
The second route stretches 12.6 kilometers and links the aiport, Hoang Van Thu Park and the Tan Phu Bus Station.
Those transport businesses wanting to get involved should get no subsidy from the city government and use buses that can carry 17 to 40 passengers with a frequency of 91 rides from 05:00 to 20:00 every day.
At the moment, there are four bus routes at the airport, including Route 152, connecting Trung Son residential area and Tan Son Nhat airport, Route 721, connecting Tan Son Nhat airport and the Vung Tau Bus Station (Vung Tau City), Route 109 connecting the Saigon Bus Station and Tan Son Nhat airport, and Route 103, connecting Cho Lon Bus Station and the Nga Tu Ga Bus Station.
- Number of air passengers on HCMC-Hanoi route forced down
- HCM City proposes five electric bus routes
- You can now experience the first electric bus route in Vietnam’s HCMC
- Many traffic projects to be linked to Long Thanh International Airport
- Does traffic regulation in Tan Son Nhat airport make traffic flow more stuck?
- HCMC proposes railway connecting Tan Son Nhat and Long Thanh airports
- HCMC buses to operate during Tet holiday
- HCM City to approve five new subsidized electric-bus routes
- Tan Son Nhat Airport to perform traffic separation from November 14