HCMC – The new Mien Dong coach station, located in Thu Duc City, handles a daily average of 2,600 passengers, with some 206 coaches departing from the station, a representative of the Mien Dong coach station told the media.
After receiving some 79 long-haul bus routes on October 11, the new station has only gotten busier.
On the first day of the operation of the bus routes, the new coach station handled 2,378 passengers, with 179 coaches departing from the station.
The transport units have been in charge of arranging transit vehicles to take their passengers from the old station to the new one, as well as separate traffic flows for coaches, transit vehicles and taxis at the station.
The Mien Dong coach station will cooperate with the HCMC Management Center of Public Transport to set up extra bus stops to improve connectivity among bus routes.
When the operation is stable and transport connectivity is better, 60 more remaining routes at the old station will be shifted to the new facility.
The new station broke ground in April 2017 with an area of 16 hectares in Thu Duc City, requiring a total investment of VND4 trillion. It has four sectors of A, B, C and D, including the wharf land, bus stations, transit area and commercial service area.
The station’s goals are to handle seven million passengers annually and cater to transporting passengers to Long Thanh airport.
- Ha Tinh, Quang Nam suspend interprovincial passenger coaches
- Opposition scene at the new and old Mien Dong bus station on Tet holiday
- HCMC tells interprovincial buses not to stop in Covid-hit areas
- More bus routes in HCM City suspended
- Binh Duong proposes bus line linking Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong
- A close look at Vietnam’s largest bus station in HCMC
- HCM City proposes five electric bus routes
- Pandemic dampens national holiday travel enthusiasm
- Train services on Hanoi-Yen Bai/Haiphong routes to be suspended due to Covid-19