The trade fair is being attended by more than 80 Vietnamese exhibitors, the largest number so far.
In his remarks at the launch of Viet Nam's section, Vietnamese Ambassador to France Dinh Toan Thang expressed his appreciation for Vietnamese food producers joining this year, helping promote Vietnamese food products globally.
With the help of the EU-Viet Nam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA), meetings and discussions between Vietnamese and French businesses will open new opportunities for both sides, he said.
Vu Ba Phu, Director of the Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency, said this year, Vietnamese exhibitors brought to the trade show more processed products rather than raw ones. They have focused more on product quality, packaging and branding, he explained.
Held annually, Sial Paris is one of the world’s largest and most prestigious trade fairs in food and beverage. This year, the 25-ha event attracts about 7,000 exhibitors from 119 countries all around the world which are putting some 400,000 products on display.
- Food and beverage, packaging expos open in HCM City
- Vietnamese specialties displayed at Hong Kong Food Expo
- Six Vietnamese firms attends Algeria’s virtual int’l agricultural expo
- Vietnam, France look to beef up agricultural cooperation
- Hanoi launches Vietnamese Goods Week
- Incheon businesses seek trade opportunities with VN importers
- EVFTA brings trade opportunities to French companies
- Vietnam, France step up trade, investment cooperation
- Conference boosts Vietnam-Germany trade, investment promotion
- Online conference promotes Viet Nam-Algeria trade