The product, labelled "Com Viet Nam", was produced by Loc Troi Group and introduced to the hypermarket on September 2 during the Vietnamese mid-autumn week event.
Nguyen Duy Thuan, CEO of Loc Troi, said that his firm became the first to export Vietnamese rice to Europe two years ago under the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA).
Thierry Jodet, Director of E.Leclerc Viry Chatillon, revealed that the Loc Troi product was chosen as it ticked all the boxes of quality, flavour, and price.
"Com Viet Nam" is also expected to be available at a hypermarket run by French multinational corporation Carrefour on September 6.
Carrefour and E.Leclerc operate nearly 800 hypermarkets and over 3,000 supermarkets across France.
- Loc Troi Group ships 4,500 tonnes of rice in 2022
- Vietnam exports first rice batch to Europe following EVFTA
- VN businesses must be more professional to expand in French market
- Alibaba to acquire controlling stake in China’s hypermarket chain Sun Art for $3.6b
- Vietnamese firm completes the acquisition of South Korea’s hypermarket
- Vinaseed, Loc Troi, Trung An make big profits thanks to the increase in rice prices
- Meeting standards, Vietnamese rice may be exported at price of US$3,000 – 4,000 per ton
- UK market for VN produce needs to be further unlocked
- Promoting Vietnam agriculture to the US hypermarket chain
- First Vietnamese batch of rice to export to EU with zero tariff