Hanoi (VNA) – Beta Media has just secured a deal to receive 8 million USD from Japanese investment fund Daiwa PI Partners.
With this agreement, the entertainment company achieved an enterprise valuation of 1 trillion VND (43.15 million USD).
In 2015, Beta Media received investment capital from Vietnam Investment Group (VIG), and 2.5 million USD two years later from Blue HK Financial Group (Hong Kong), with a valuation of 600 billion VND.
Beta Media operates low-cost movie theater chain Beta Cinemas, which was launched in 2014, with 12 cineplexes and nearly 60 cinema halls nationwide.
Daiwa PI Partners, a subsidiary of Daiwa Securities Group, engages in a wide range of investment areas and funds./.VNA
- Japanese fund invests US$8 million in Beta Media to develop theater chain in VN
- 10 Vietnamese startups were invested in large capital in the first half of 2020
- Vietnam’s SSI Asset Management, Japan’s Daiwa complete the first close of planned $100m fund
- What’s New in Apple iOS 14 Beta 7
- Apple iOS 14.3 developer beta 2 is now available with a major new iPhone 12 Pro feature
- South Korea's CJ CGV to sell stake in Vietnamese subsidiary