Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) has recommended local enterprises to strictly implement regulations on food safety for farming and seafood products exported to China to avoid them getting stuck at border gates.
The recommendation was issued after China has again strengthened inspections for agricultural and seafood products at the border gates due to a new COVID-19 outbreak relating to the Xinfadi agricultural wholesale market in Beijing.
Chinese authorities would also inspect further food safety, quarantine and traceability for imported goods to this nation, especially fresh, frozen and processed agricultural and aquatic products at ports and border gates to prevent the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Those activities could affect customs clearance for goods at the border gates between Vietnam and China,” the MoIT said.
Therefore, local firms and households exporting those products to China should cooperate with their Chinese partners to strictly comply with China’s regulations to reduce risks and clearance time of goods at border gates, reported the Cong thuong (Industry and Trade) newspaper.
At present, many localities in China carry out the inspection of food safety and origin for those products at agricultural and food markets, according to the ministry. Of which, local households importing those products must have certificates of quarantine granted by China customs./.VNA
- Agricultural exporters urged to increase quality supervision for exports to China
- China increases control, MoIT urgently recommends
- Farm produce to China stuck due to COVID-19 control policy
- Agricultural, aquatic product exports to China face difficulties again
- Vietnamese border residents not allowed to open bank accounts in China
- Vietnam’s seafood exports to China face difficulties due to COVID-19 control measures
- Many hotels in HCMC forced to shut down despite premise rental cuts
- Local farming production needs reforms for higher export value
- Vietnam to test imported frozen food at border gates to prevent COVID-19 spread