Co-financed with the International Finance Corporation, the loan is offered to help the bank expand lending to the private sector, including small and medium-sized enterprises, AIIB said in a statement.
This is AIIB’s first project financing in Vietnam, China’s Xinhua News Agency reported.
“Small and medium enterprises are the backbone of the economy and by injecting liquidity into the market, we can help this critical sector as part of the overall economic recovery in Vietnam,” said AIIB Vice President, Investment Operations, D.J. Pandian.
As of July, AIIB has approved a total of 16 projects under its COVID-19 Crisis Recovery Facility, amounting to over 5.9 billion USD to support 12 members in navigating the challenges of these highly uncertain times, the statement said./.VNA
- IFC lends $140 million to VPBank and OCB to boost finance for local businesses
- IFC loans $140 million to VPBank and OCB to boost finance for local businesses
- VPBank signed a US $ 100 million loan agreement with IFC to boost funding for SMEs struggling due to COVID-19
- IFC supports Vietnamese banks to boost clients’ finance amid Covid-19
- IFC helps Vietnamese bank aid SMEs amid COVID-19
- World Bank-managed We-Fi provides $5mn to support Vietnamese women-led businesses