Headquarters of the Hung Yen Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
The department’s remit includes agriculture, forestry, fisheries, irrigation and rural development, flood and storm control, agro-forestry-fishery product safety management, and public services in the field of agriculture and rural development.
For over 72 years, under the leadership of the provincial communist party committee and people’s committee, the provincial agriculture and rural development sector has contributed significantly to Hung Yen Province’s socioeconomic development.
In recent years, the sector has achieved significant results in agricultural restructuring for higher added value and sustainable development, helping improve livelihoods and the rural face of Hung Yen Province.
In 2022, the sector continues accelerating agricultural restructuring along with building new rural areas to contribute to local economic growth, increase incomes, ensure social security, national defense and protect the ecological environment.
- Agricultural sector enjoys trade surplus of over US$6 bln in eight months
- Dong Thap Province has new face after carrying out government’s new rural plan
- Establishing Steering Committee for Agriculture and Rural Development in the Mekong Delta
- Hanoi agriculture to achieve growth of 3% this year
- Strategy issued to boost sustainable agricultural development
- Hanoi targets hi-tech farming to make up 70% of total agricultural production value
- More motivation to develop agriculture
- Agro-forestry-fishery exports up 27% in Jan-Jul
- Symposium discusses opportunities and challenges facing agricultural sector
- Farm exports expected at US$45 billion this year