The kick-off ceremony for the CSI programme. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - The Corporate Sustainability Index (CSI) Programme 2022, the 7th of its kind so far, was launched on May 25, aiming to not only assess enterprises’ sustainability but also encourage them to adopt sustainable practices.
Vietnamese consumers now have higher awareness of selecting “green” products and services, so by adopting sustainable practices, enterprises will meet consumers’ demand and also generate long-term benefits for themselves, Nguyen Quang Vinh, Vice Chairman of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) and Chairman of the Vietnam Business Council for Sustainable Development (VBCSD), told the ceremony in Hanoi.
VCCI and its VBCSD have been striving to promote responsible business practices in enterprises, he said, noting that the CSI Programme and the CSI criteria are among those efforts.
The set of CSI criteria is not only an assessment tool in the programme but also useful to Vietnam’s small- and medium-sized enterprises to improve their corporate governance towards sustainability, Vinh added.
Elaborating on the CSI Programme 2022, Director of the Office for Business Sustainable Development Nguyen Tien Huy said this year’s CSI criteria feature 130 sub-indexes, 68 percent of which are related to legal compliance and the rest to corporate sustainability initiatives.
The programme will receive entries from enterprises of all sizes and sectors via the internet, which will help ensure transparency and objectivity.
Aside from announcing the 100 companies in the CSI list, the programme will also honour the firms with outstanding achievements in implementing the circular economy model, responding to climate change, empowering women, promoting gender equality in workplaces, and adopting responsible business practices in terms of human rights and children’s rights, according to Huy.
- Workshop looks into promotion of circular economy
- Corporate governance in a changing society
- U.S.-Supported Green Index to Promote Environmentally Friendly Business Ecosystem in Vietnam
- Firms given recommendations to develop sustainably, realise dual goals
- Sustainable development helps enterprises overcome crisis
- Deputy PM works with Vietnam Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Action programme of Vietnam, Netherlands Business Platform for Mekong Delta signed
- Heineken Vietnam receives merit award for sustainability practices – brings prosperity to Vietnam
- Northwest provinces jointly launch tourism stimulus programme