Illustrative image (Photo: VGP)
NDO – More than 1.9 trillion VND (over 82 million USD) was collected from cases of commercial fraud to pay to the State budget in the first quarter of this year, up 39.78% over the same period last year, according to the National Steering Committee for Anti-smuggling, Counterfeit Goods and Trade Fraud (National Steering Committee 389).
The information was announced by National Steering Committee 389 at a meeting held on May 9 to review the results on anti-smuggling, counterfeit goods and trade fraud in the first quarter of this year.
According to National Steering Committee 389, more than 33,800 cases of smuggling, counterfeit goods and trade fraud were detected and handled in the first three months of this year, down 44.86% from the same period last year.
During the campaign on anti-smuggling and trade fraudon the occasion of the Lunar New Year 2022, more than 22,000 cases of violations were handled with a collection of over 1.7 trillion VND to contribute to the State budget.
According to the National Steering Committee 389, the fight against commercial fraud in the first quarter of this year was affected by many factors, including the increasing demand for medical equipment due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the high demand for food and consumption goods due to the Tet holiday, and the tightened export of goods through Chinese border, in addition to the conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
- HCMC drastically fights against smuggling, trade fraud
- Promptly handle objects abusing e-commerce activities
- The draft Vietnam Border Guard Law overlaps with Customs Law
- Handling fake goods on e-commerce platforms
- Men to be prosecuted for smuggling large amount of counterfeit Viagra
- Vietnam electronic firm Asanzo not committed trade fraud
- Industry and trade sector to ensure enough goods for Tet
- Industry – trade sector to ensure enough goods for traditional lunar new year
- Central Steering Committee for Anti-Corruption to meet on August 5