The hybrid event, held by the Management Board of Hai Phong Economic Zone and Foreign Investment Agency under the Ministry of Planning and Investment, drew 150 South Korean investors and enterprises.
This is part of the activities to celebrate the 30th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Viet Nam and the RoK (December 22, 1992 - December 22, 2022).
Min Moon Ki, Commercial Attache of the RoK Embassy in Viet Nam, said the successful investment of RoK businesses in Hai Phong reflected the outcomes of the Viet Nam-Korea relationship. This was a solid foundation to promote bilateral co-operation, he added.
Le Trung Kien, head of the Hai Phong Economic Zone Authority (HEZA), said Hai Phong would welcome Korean investors to invest in the fields of electronics, high technology, supporting industry, and renewable energy in which South Korean businesses boast strengths.
The city has 12 industrial parks, of which eight are located in the Dinh Vu – Cat Hai economic zone. In the 2021-25 period, it plans to build 15 new industrial zones with a total area of over 6,200 hectares.
As of March 31, Hai Phong economic and industrial parks have attracted 102 projects invested by businesses from the RoK with a total investment of US$8.5 billion, accounting for 36.6 per cent of the total foreign investment capital of the city.
Park Jae Hong, Deputy General Director of LG Display Vietnam Hai Phong Co Ltd said Hai Phong was a locality with many advantages in investment attraction, especially administrative reform, adding that the HEZA always stood side by side with investors and supported them during the implementation of their projects.
On the occasion, the HEZA granted an investment certificate to Halla Electronics Vina Co Ltd which will pour $30 million in additional investment capital into a project at Trang Due Industrial Park in An Duong District.
- Hai Phong seeks to receive more investments from RoK
- Korean businesses seek investment opportunities in Khanh Hoa
- LG, Da Nang agree to build R&D centre for car components
- Viet Nam, RoK promote cooperation in trade, industry, energy
- South Koreans stay at summit of flow charts
- Van Phong – the national center of LNG power
- Viet Nam seeks US investment in renewable energy
- Việt Nam lures US$6 billion FDI into industrial parks
- Korean businesses interested in Vietnamese market: Forum