The Vietnam Motor Show 2022 (VMS 2022) will take place from October 26 to 30, at Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center (SECC) in Ho Chi Minh City.
Vietnam Motor Show 2019. Photo: VMS
After two years of suspension due to the Covid-19 pandemic, VMS 2022 will return with a larger scale and more diverse exhibition areas than the previous editions.
According the Organizing Committee of the VMS 2022 some 11 car manufacturers have registered to attend the show as of mid-March including Audi, Honda, Jeep, Mercedes-Benz, Lexus, Mitsubishi, MG, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo. The list of car manufacturers participating in VMS 2022 is still being updated.
In addition to automobile manufacturers under the Vietnam Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (VAMA), the Vehicles Importers Vietnam Association (VIVA), and other organizations in the supporting industry, this year, manufacturers and importers of motorcycles, large displacement vehicles and yachts are expected to join the show.
This year's VMS is also expected to see a specialized seminar on the global trend of electrified vehicles and the future development orientation of Vietnam's automobile industry. The organizers are considering organizing a seminar on the supply and correct use of Euro5 fuel to protect the environment.
The VMS 2019 attracted some 200,000 visitors, and millions of live streaming video viewer.
In the first quarter of this year, Vietnam's auto sales rose 27% year-on-year to over 90,506 units, according to the VAMA.
- Automobile sales inches up 9% in November
- Automobile market on recovering track: VAMA
- Auto market grows slightly last year
- Automobile sales surge in October
- What’s happening with Vietnam’s vehicle market?
- Car imports down in November
- Vietnam automaker VinFast unveils US$198,000 SUV
- Auto consumers expected to enjoy 50% cut in registration fee
- Auto consumers expected to enjoy 50 per cent cut in registration fee