During the opening ceremony, Minister of Science and Technology Huynh Thanh Dat spoke highly of VCCA, considering it a prestigious scientific event in the field of control and automation after over 10 years of implementation.
He also highlighted the role of control and automation in the country's science and technology industry.
Out of 99 high technologies that were given the top priority for development by the State, 20 were in the field of automation, he said, adding that in the list of 107 prioritised high-tech products, 30 were involved in the automation sector.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the sixth VCCA - the largest of its kind thus far, has attracted 138 scientific reports from research institutes, universities and enterprises, Nguyen Quan, Chairman of the Viet Nam Automation Association, said.
The three-day event has three main activities: a scientific conference, an international exhibition and a business forum.
The conference gathers prestigious Vietnamese and foreign scientists to introduce their research results and exchange experience.
A business forum comprises five sessions on smart cities, digital transformation in production, smart agriculture, renewable energy and start-ups.
The exhibition includes technological solutions and products of foreign corporations, domestic enterprises and students of academies and universities nationwide.
It comprises about 70 booths from domestic and foreign enterprises, departments, institutes, schools and local automation associations.
Notably, new and high-tech products in smart lighting, smart agriculture, energy saving, new energies, and supporting industries for the automation sector are being displayed.
The VCCA has been held biennially since 2011. Last year, it was cancelled due to the pandemic.
- Canon Chie-Tech automation contest comes back for second year
- Scientists share experience in fundamental, applied IT research
- Forestry sector focuses on creating high-yield trees
- Science in the service of commerce
- Vietnam’s sixth scientific journal included in SCOPUS
- Vietnam to become innovative, science-respect society: Minister
- “Ba Ria-Vung Tau Techconnect 2020” will present nearly 400 technologies
- Expert spells out Vietnamese firms’ need to embrace automation
- Gemini Supports Endotech.IO for Institutional Crypto Automation