A corner of the first Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park (VSIP1) in Thuan An city, Binh Duong province. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The southern province of Binh Duong attracted about 1.6 billion USD worth of foreign direct investment (FDI) in the first quarter of 2022, 3.6 times higher than that in the same period last year, informed Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Vo Van Minhon March 21.
Binh Duong also lured 36 trillion VND (1.57 billion USD) of domestic capital, an annual increase on 16.9 percent.
During the period, a total of 22 investment licences were granted to enterprises to operate at local industrial parks.
Notably among the investors, the toy manufacturer LEGO Group decided to pour more than 1 billion USD on the building of its 44ha factory at the Vietnam - Singapore Industrial Park III in Binh Duong, making it the largest Danish-invested project in Vietnam to date. The plant is hoped to generate 4,000 jobs in the next 15 years.
According to Minh, the provincial authorities are committed to creating best conditions possible for the operation of domestic and foreign firms.
The province has 29 concentrated industrial parks covering nearly 13,000 ha of land, with their average occupancy rate exceeding 83.4 percent. So far, Binh Duong has recorded 4,033 valid FDI projects worth over 37.7 billion USD.
- Bình Dương IPs attracts more than $840 million of FDI in nine months
- Binh Duong IPs attracts over 840 million USD of FDI in nine months
- Over US$840 million poured into industrial parks in Binh Duong Province
- Work on 2 major industrial zones to get underway in Binh Duong this year
- LEGO Group to build new factory in Vietnam
- Vietnam grants investment certificates to US$1 billion FDI projects in a single day
- Dong Nai Province attracts US$226 million of FDI in first days of 2021
- Conference promotes Japanese investment in Binh Duong
- Binh Duong posts 2 bln USD trade surplus in two months