A remarkable deal that earns Standard Chartered Bank Vietnam the recognition is BIM Land JSC’s debut USD 200 million senior guaranteed fixed rate notes in 2021, in which the Bank acted as Joint Lead Manager, Joint Bookrunner and Sole Green Advisor. The Bank played a pivotal role in structuring this transaction, creating the green bond framework, devising the marketing and execution strategies and advising the Issuer on opportune windows in the market.
Michele Wee, CEO of Standard Chartered Bank Vietnam, said, “One of our key focuses is on Sustainability, Standard Chartered Bank Vietnam aspires to become a leader and driver of sustainable development globally and here in Vietnam. Our top priority is for environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) criteria and will strive to partner with our clients as they work to deliver their green commitments. We are focused on consistently delivering world-class services and strategic solutions and make a significant difference in the markets we operate in. It is indeed a great pleasure that our efforts here in Vietnam have been recognized.”
With Sustainability being a key priority, Standard Chartered has launched multiple initiatives to promote sustainable development for its clients and the economy. Last year, the Bank joined hands with Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Embassy of Vietnam in the UK to co-organise the conference “In conversation at COP26 with the Prime Minister of Vietnam: Securing a prosperous and sustainable future through private investment” in Glasgow, the UK, on the fringes of the UN climate conference COP26. As part of this event, the Bank exchanged Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) worth a total of USD8.5 billion with three Vietnamese businesses on project to support their sustainability goals.
Fitch Ratings, in December, affirmed the outlook on Standard Chartered Bank Vietnam at positive with the Bank’s long-term foreign currency and local currency issuer default ratings at BB and BBB- respectively.
- Fitch Affirms Outlook on Standard Chartered Vietnam at Positive
- Standard Chartered Bank names Michele Wee as its new CEO for Vietnam
- Standard Chartered makes first blockchain based cross-bank Letter of Credit transaction
- Standard Chartered Vietnam Increases Charter Capital, Reinforcing its Local Commitment
- Standard Chartered Vietnam and Vietnam Airlines launch air mile reward bank account
- Standard Chartered: VN’s economy to grow 3% in 2020 surge to 7.8% in 2021
- Standard Chartered Forecasts Vietnam 2022 GDP Growth at 6.7%
- Standard Chartered Bank forecasts Vietnam’s 2020 growth at 3%
- Foreign banks in Vietnam raise chartered capital