Imported from the US, it features significant upgrades in both interior and exterior designs, powertrain and smart driver-assistance.
“The 2022 Ford Explorer is a large SUV which can meet all your needs from interior space, comfort and safety to powerful performance,” Pham Van Dung, managing director of Ford Vietnam, said.
In its sixth iteration the car is designed on a new chassis with a wheelbase increased by six inches (15.34cm) from 2,866mm to 3,025mm helping it to have a longer, wider and more massive appearance.
The interior has been upgraded with leather, wood panelling and matte chrome. In the centre console, an 8-inch central touch screen with integrated SYNC 3.4 helps share information with a 6.5-inch digital instrument cluster behind the steering wheel.
Two 8-inch entertainment screens in the rear support independent viewing of content.
It has 560Lof cargo space which can be increased to 2,486L by flattening the 2nd and 3rd rows.
It boasts modern features such as an electronic handbrake, premium 12-speaker B&O sound system, wireless charging pad, and type-C charging pods.
Its 3-zone climate control system comes standard with a high-end air filter.
The powertrain has been upgraded to a 10-speed automatic transmission combined with a fine-tuned 2.3L EcoBoost petrol engine for smooth but quick acceleration and fuel efficiency.
The new engine delivers 301hp with 431.5 Nm of torque.
The vehicle is expected to be delivered from February in 4 colors, grey, red, black and white.
- Ford reports 51 per cent growth in Q3
- THACO launches all new KIA SORENTO with brand new design and technologies
- Vietnam among key markets of Ford Motor Company
- Bosch launches the first fully-integrated split screen for motorcycle
- 13,000 Ford Rangers sold in 2020
- Samsung New Folding Phones Special Features Preorder Instruction More
- Bank stocks help VN-Index inch up
- Vietbuild expo opens in HCM City
- New iPhone 12 price surprises Apple fans
- HCM City Vietbuild expo to feature nearly 1,800 booths