The market benchmark VN-Index edged up 19.67 points, or 1.31 per cent, to 1,517.95 points, the highest since November 25.
The market's breadth was positive with 319 stocks increasing, while 137 stocks declined. Liquidity was also high as nearly VND16.7 trillion (US$732.7 million) was poured into the southern market, equivalent to a trading volume of more than 526 million shares.
Foreign investors were net buyers in the morning trade with a value of around VND90 billion on the HoSE.
The index was boosted by positive sentiment in the market with the 30 biggest stocks tracker, the VN30-Index, up 16.71 points, or 1.09 per cent, to 1,552.42 points. Of the VN30 basket, 23 stocks rose, while seven slid.
PV Gas (GAS) led the rally this morning, followed by Vingroup (VIC), Vinhomes (VHM) and Development Investment Construction (DIG). These stocks were up in a range of 2.2 - 6.83 per cent.
Supporting the benchmark, bank stocks also witnessed strong gains such as Techcombank (TCB), up 1.8 per cent, Vietinbank (CTG), up 1.92 per cent, HDBank (HDB), up 1.78 per cent and Sacombank (STB), up 3.02 per cent.
Meanwhile, on the Ha Noi Stock Exchange (HNX), the HNX-Index decreased by 0.57 points, or 0.12 per cent, to 473.42 points.
- Shares continue rally on the back of blue-chip stocks
- Shares rise on the rally of global stocks
- VN stocks reach 8-month high
- Shares rise on morning trade
- Large-cap stocks lift VN market
- VN-Index advances on fertiliser, mid-cap stocks
- Shares gain on bank and real estate stocks
- Shares dip on large-cap failures
- VN stocks drop for a third day
- Shares drop on profit-taking pressures