Delegates learn about the main products of Ben Tre province at the seminar. (Photo: NDO)
NDO - Deputy Foreign Minister Vu Quang Minh on January 3 led a delegation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to attend a seminar on investment, trade and tourism promotion between Ben Tre Province and Vietnamese foreign ambassadors.
The event offered an opportunity for Ben Tre and ambassadors to discuss the foreign policies of recent years as well as outline appropriate trade and investment promotion solutions for the future.
Speaking at the seminar, Chairman of Ben Tre Provincial People's Committee Tran Ngoc Tam said that the province has 61 active FDI projects with total registered capital of 1.62 billion USD and about 30 projects funded by foreign non-governmental organisations with total aid of nearly 4 million USD.
The province is also implementing four ODA projects with a total investment of about 150 million USD. Ben Tre has also seen two enterprises investing abroad with total capital of nearly 3 million USD.
Enterprises of Ben Tre and ambassadors to foreign countries discussed about foreign markets, development potentials, and investment opportunities for the province's key products, such as coconut, seafood, and fruit.
Deputy Foreign Minister Vu Quang Minh affirmed that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Vietnamese representative missions abroad are committed to always accompany and support the international integration of Ben Tre Province. The ministry is also ready to coordinate with the province in organising investment promotion sessions and economic diplomatic activities with specific partners such as Japan, the Republic of Korea, the United States, and Australia.
He also appreciated the dynamism of the provincial leaders and the business community of Ben Tre Province in fostering production and promoting international economic integration.
Ben Tre has huge potential in key products such as coconuts, fruit trees, seedlings, ornamental flowers, and livestock, especially with it range of about 200 coconut products and handicrafts.
The province is known as the “Vietnamese coconut land” with an area of about 75,000ha and a total output of nearly 700,000 tonnes per year. Ben Tre currently has the highest concentration of organic coconut material area in the country, covering more than 12,000 ha.
- Online seminar held to promote Japanese investment in Binh Duong
- Indian business chamber to host seminar on trade, investment
- Japanese investors are expanding in Vietnam
- About 1,000 companies to attend Hanoi investment conference
- Seminar looks on one year of EVFTA implementation
- Hoa Binh woos RoK businesses
- Danang to offer free admission at cultural attractions in 2021
- EVFTA offers great opportunities to maximise Vietnam-EU cooperation potential: Deputy Minister
- Seminar looks to expand farm produce market in North America, ASEAN
- Working group established to promote foreign investment