Vietjet announces a plan on direct flights to Russia at a ceremony held in Moscow on December 2, with the attendance of President Nguyen Xuan Phuc who is on an official visit to Russia. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnamese budget airline Vietjet Air will launch direct services between three Vietnamese cities and the Russian capital city of Moscow from mid-2022, its first-ever direct flights to Europe.
The airline released the plan at a ceremony held in Moscow on December 2, with the attendance of President Nguyen Xuan Phuc who is on an official visit to Russia.
Accordingly, the flights will connect Moscow with Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang, using Airbus A330-300 aircraft.
There will be two flights per week between Hanoi and Moscow every Wednesday and Sunday, starting from July 3. Meanwhile, passengers on the Ho Chi Minh City-Moscow flights will transit in Hanoi.
The Nha Trang-Moscow flights are set to be conducted every Monday and Friday as from July 10.
Vietjet’s Managing Director Dinh Viet Phuong said Vietjet stands ready for international air routes, noting that the flights to Russia demonstrate the carrier’s commitments to its products and services.
Vietjet has a comprehensive flight network in Vietnam and across Asia Pacific. Weathering through the pandemic, the airline has resumed its domestic flight network and operated a series of international flights from and to Vietnam while looking to further expand operations across continents in the near future. Vietjet operates a new, modern, and fuel-efficient fleet with technical reliability rated among top operators in the region and the world.
Vietjet is a fully-fledged member of International Air Transport Association (IATA) with the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) certificate. As Vietnam’s largest private carrier, the airline was awarded the highest ranking for safety with 7 stars in 2018 and 2019 by the world’s only safety and product rating website airlineratings.com and listed as one of the world's 50 best airlines for healthy financing and operations by Airfinance Journal in 2018 and 2019. The airline has also been named as Best Low-Cost Carrier by renowned organizations such as Skytrax, CAPA, Airline Ratings, and many others.
- Vietnam based ‘Bikini Airlines’ launches first-ever direct air routes to Europe
- Russia to resume flights to Vietnam, India, Finland, Qatar
- Russia resumes flights to UK, extends ban on Turkey
- Russia Vietnam flight route re operated
- Regular direct flights connecting Vietnam-UK announced
- Thai Vietjet to launch semi-commercial flights from Saigon to Bangkok next month
- 1,800 airline passengers arriving in Vietnam on first 3 days as regular international flights resumed
- Vietnamese citizens to be repatriated through schedule of 54 flights
- VietJet Air will conduct four more flights for stranded travellers in Danang