Announcement from CEO Hao Tran and Digital Director Dan Q Dao
We’re pleased to announce that Patrick Scott will become the editor at large for our international edition, joining a team of breaking-news writers and features editors. He will play a key role with the team in sharing to our global audience the role Vietnam plays in the new world order, post covid
Previously, Scott was Deputy Business Editor for Europe for The New York Times in the London office, working with reporters across Europe and with editors in Paris, New York and Asia as part of The Times’ expansion of international coverage.
He was based in New York as The New York Times weekend editor for Business Day, in charge of the Monday section and the liaison for Business with the front page for Sunday and Monday. He was the Finance Editor for The Times in 2011 and 2012, with responsibilities including banking and markets coverage, and editing columnists Floyd Norris and Andrew Ross Sorkin.
At the Charlotte Observer, he was a lead editor on investigative projects including a 2007 housing series that was a Pulitzer Prize finalist for the 2008 Public Service Gold Medal. As the paper’s Business Editor, our work earned 23 Best in Business awards from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers.
Scott is now in Vietnam, currently teaching business communications at the University of Economics in Ho Chi Minh City. He is joined by his wife who works in education.
Please congratulate Scott on his new role.
- Gorgeous Phong Nha in the eyes of an international reporter
- Meet Claire Tran, Social Media Editor At The Washington Post
- Phong Nha vu par un journaliste international
- 3 Best online text editor tool online which is easy to use
- Nhan Dan Newspaper donates VND200 million to Covid-19 fight
- Nhan Dan Newspaper donates VND200 million to Covid-19 fighting effort
- artnet AG: Artnet News Launches Artnet News Pro, Bringing Data-Driven Reporting to Industry Insiders
- Con Dao islands among most lovable 2021 destinations: The New York Times
- Cryptology Asset Group Appoints Current Head of Asset Management, Patrick Lowry, as the New CEO