At the inaugural ceremony (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - Vietnamese Ambassador to Australia Nguyen Tat Thanh attended a ceremony to inaugurate the Vietnam-Australia Investment and Trade Promotion Centre on November 20.
The centre, located in Melbourne city of Victoria state, is set up and run by the Vietnamese Business Association in Australia (VBAA).
VBAA President Tran Ba Phuc said the centre will help promote Vietnamese products in Australia as well as trade between the two countries.
In the long-term, it will organise trade fairs on high-quality Vietnamese goods and farm produce, towards the signing of contracts shipping Vietnamese products to the Oceanian market.
Hailing the VBAA’s initiative to set up the centre and contributions of the Vietnamese entrepreneurs in Australia, Ambassador Thanh affirmed that the Vietnamese representative offices in the country will create the best conditions for the operation of the centre.
Vietnam-Australia trade hit 10 billion USD in October, surging 50 percent against the same period last year.
- Vietnam shipping 40 tons of lychees to Australia
- Vietnamese exports to Australia rise sharply
- Bamboo Airways launches Vietnam-Australia direct air route
- Vietnam moves to widely popularise tra, basa fish in Australia
- Batch of Vietnamese longan to be shipped to Australia
- Vietnam, Australia boost fintech cooperation opportunities
- ASEAN centre inaugurated in Ukraine
- Vietnamese in Australia having high expectations for 13th Party Congress
- Vietnam, Australia promote trade ties
- Exporters told how to conquer Thai market