Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh (second, right) witnesses the signing of the strategic partnership agreement between Vietjet and Airbus. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - Vietjet and Airbus have inked a strategic partnership agreement on the delivery timeline for 119 aircraft of the airline’s existing backlog and cooperation for the development of Vietjet’s wide-body fleet together with other supporting terms for the airline post COVID-19 period.
Both sides have agreed on further support and training for the airline’s technicians and engineers while accelerating Vietjet’s Training Academy development for simulators, safety management programmes, and flight management training.
The agreement was announced during the official visit to France by Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and a high-ranking delegation of Vietnam.
Vietjet will take delivery and operate up to three leased A330 aircraft in November as part of the airline’s wide-body fleet development plan under its LCC model operation, the airline said in a statement.
"We are pleased to reach this agreement with Vietjet,” said Christian Scherer, Airbus Chief Commercial Officer and Head of International.
“It's another example of how we have worked together with our customers to find solutions to adapt to the impact of the pandemic. With its modern and efficient Airbus fleet Vietjet will be well equipped to benefit from the rebound in air travel in Asia, where we see strong pent-up demand," he said.
“Our cooperation today again acknowledges both parties’ long-term and sustainable relationship, which is now elevated to a strategic and comprehensive partnership. I believe that the add-on of the A330s will surely enhance our fleet’s technical reliability, operational efficiency and flight range to better meet travel demand of our flyers in the future,” Vietjet Managing Director Dinh Viet Phuong said.
The agreement also covers a variety of other aspects such as aircraft’s equipment supply and services, comprehensive aviation training, consultation, and development of MRO facilities for Vietjet and in the region together with other initiatives for fuel efficiency and sustainable development.
- Airbus Training Center at Vietjet to offer A320 type-rating courses
- Vietjet’s 10 Airbus aircraft operating lease in 2019 honoured
- Vietjet, US engine supplier sign US$260-million service contract
- Vietjet honoured as “Operating Lease Deal of the Year” by Airfinance Journal
- Vietjet signs 150-million-USD deal with Swiss MRO service provider
- Vietnamese airlines inked big jet-engine deals with U.S firms
- Vietjet to launch direct flights to Russia next year
- Vietjet Air promoting tourism in Nghe An
- Vietjet offers cheap fares on Black Friday