At the signing ceremony (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - The Asian Productivity Organisation (APO) and People’s Committee of the central province of Phu Yen signed an agreement on the funding of cold storage equipment package during an online ceremony on October 12.
The activity was within the framework of the APO’s project on improving the capacity of cold storage facilities to help countries ease the impacts of COVID-19 pandemic on farm produce supply chain, which is funded by the Japanese Government.
Accordingly, the APO will fund Kuraban containers and Sea Snow ice makers using Japanese technology worth 57 million JPY for the provincial Department of Science and Technology. The package could prolong the shelf life of fresh food by 3-10 times.
Speaking at the event, Minister of Science and Technology Huynh Thanh Dat said the ministry will partner with APO and sponsors to help Phu Yen implement the project, contributing to its economic recovery post-pandemic.
Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Tran Huu The expressed his hope that the APO’s funded package will help Phu Yen gradually modernise its seafood exploitation, thus meeting its development goal.
- Japan to provide Vietnam with aid for Covid-19 vaccine cold storage facilities
- Japan donates vaccine cold storage chain to Vietnam
- Japan offers Vietnam $1.8 mln for vaccine cold chain storage
- Gov’t support needed for investment in cold storage
- Lach Huyen Port receives Japanese innovation technology award
- 300 Japan-UNICEF supported vaccine refrigerators arrive in Vietnam
- “Ba Ria-Vung Tau Techconnect 2020” will present nearly 400 technologies
- UNICEF aids Vietnam refrigerators in storing vaccines
- JICA Supports Hue Central Hospital in Responding to COVID 19