NDO/VNA - The Vietnam State Treasury (VST) has successfully purchased US$150 million from 30 commercial banks, said Luu Hoang, head of the VST Department of Treasury Management.
The transactions completed on October 8, while the payment date is scheduled on October 11, said Hoang.
He said that earlier, the VST announced a public offering to 45 commercial banks licensed to trade foreign currency, aiming to buy US$150 million.
The spot foreign currency offering is a new implementation which has just been approved by the Prime Minister to purchase foreign currencies from banks for foreign currency payments of the State budget.
- Authorities inject trillions of VND to support economy
- VPBank and State Treasury co-operate in State budget collection
- Vietnam continues to meet US Treasury criteria for not being labelled as currency manipulator
- Stopping foreign currency loans needs to harmonise exchange rate
- VPBank and the State Treasury signed an agreement on coordination of revenue collection and electronic bilateral payment
- Vietnam, U.S. reach agreement over U.S.’s designation of Vietnam as currency manipulator
- Vietnam rejects ‘currency manipulator’ label
- Vietnam to allow banks to use foreign e-wallets for international payments
- Vietnam to allow banks to use foreign e-wallets for int’l payments