Vietnam exported over 305.6 million medical masks in the first eight months of 2021. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - The General Department of Vietnam Customs reported Vietnam exported over 15 million medical masks of all kinds during August, |up 24.8 percent compared to the same period in 2020.
The masks were shipped abroad by 12 businesses.
In the first eight months of the year, domestic enterprises have exported over 305.6 million medical masks of all kinds, with January seeing a record high of 64.7 million masks.
The number of enterprises engaging in medical equipment export have also significantly dropped, from over 100 to only 12 at present, due to increasing orders for traditional products.
In addition, some countries are gradually getting the coronavirus disease under control thanks to the speeding up of inoculation drives.
- Vietnam exports nearly 900 million medical face masks in 8 months
- Vietnam sees sharp increases in export of rice and medical masks
- Vietnam exports nearly 1.4 billion medical face masks in Covid-19 year
- Vietnam ships 30 million masks to North America
- Vietnam COVID-19 Updates (Jan 14): Vietnam exports 1.37 billion medical masks in 2020
- Hundreds of thousands of medical masks given for free
- Garment producers pledge sufficient face masks for domestic use
- Israeli businesses keen to import medical supplies from Vietnam
- Vietnamese women in Germany present face masks to locals